Saturday, May 17, 2008

Up the oil go

I guess its time to bring those old bike out from the garage, dust away penthouses of those eight legged freaks, scraps away the rust, pump the air in those rubber donuts. And start peddling my way through traffic from hell.

Yeap, the Indonesian gov are ready to announce the oil price raise in a few days, and as for now in all gas station all around Indonesia you can only fill up your vehicle to a certain amount. If im not mistaken its Rp.75.000 for a private car, that work out for just 16 litter of premium. Ahhh i guess i have to make multiple pit stop st gas station then.

On another note, this is surely not gonna be taken softly by the people, police forces has been stationed randomly across gas station for precautions, and those potential uprising has cost me my second trips to Samosir in 1 month, my travelling friends got red flagged by their parents because of this issue. For me, i think its more reason to leave town, go to a small island away from it all.

oh and, talking bout biking, i really admire this group of people from bike 2 work in Jakarta. They are groups of office working people, they work all day in suit and tie and all, and yet they all bike 2 work, with the air pollution in Jakarta and safety issue. My hats off for them.
check them out: http://www.b2w-indonesia.or.id/

electricity cost is rising, oil is rising, everything is rising, the only thing going down is my moral....

No comments: